Days of Doom – Definitive Weekend Warfront Edition
The ancient site known as Doomfist Crater is one steeped in myth and lore. Now Order and Destruction forces converge upon the broken landscape, determined to deny their enemies access to whatever treasures may lay buried beneath the surface.
The Doomfist Crater scenario is open again for characters of all levels! /taunt your enemies to goad them into battle, capture and hold the Central Platform for your side, Use Doomfist Ore to accelerate your kill count and use Doomfist Powder to knock back your enemies!
- Basic Reward – Hartshorne Tincture – A self-rez potion!
- Advanced Reward – Vanquisher’s Boon – Buff that awards extra Emblems from Scenarios based on the final score.
- Elite Reward – Medal of Brawn/Insight/Discipline/Accuracy/Perseverance
The Live Event Herald for Order is named Kadius Kridt and is located at (26776, 30868) by the Flight Master in Altdorf. The Live Event Herald for Destruction is named Kralf Hexenkrieger and is located at (29455, 32368) by the Flight Master in the Inevitable City.
Weekend Warfronts traditionally start on a Friday and end on Monday morning. The task list is the same regardless of Tier/Realm.
There is a bonus to Experience and Renown while in this Scenario during the Weekend Warfront, making it the Scenario to be in.
This has always been a rather intriguing scenario. Not one of my favorites, but hey, they can’t all be.
The fight always seems to start with a huge race and brawl over the Central Platform, with lots of possible tactics for taking it successfully at least. Once it’s claimed, there’s plenty of ways to maneuver to get it back. The addition of the near-perma-CC items adds a unique twist, both on the offensive and the defensive. However, once one side gains dominance, it usually stays a camp-fest until it’s over. There just isn’t a good, viable, alternate way to get out of the spawn area.
Weekend Event Tasks
- Capture and hold the Center Platform in Doomfist Crater
- Elminate 50 enemy players using Doomfist Ore
- Use 25 Doomfist Munitions to knock back your enemies
- /taunt a member of every enemy career
- Complete all Days of Doom tasks
Eliminating enemy players with the Ore triggers off killing them while holding it or killing someone that is holding it. It is a bit wonky at times, so just keep at it. The buff seems to be a 25% damage bonus with the added requirement of killing people before the timer runs out. Otherwise…boom goes the dynamite.
Knocking people back with the Munitions is all you though and very easy to do. It doesn’t knock them back a huge distance, but it is a fun little form of CC to mess with people. There’s barrels of it everywhere and you get 5 charges per barrel. (If coordinated right, you can knock entire groups off platforms, even the spawn one. hehe)
So, once you get your kills in, you’re gonna be fine. That seems to be the only real limiter here. Well, unless you can’t seem to get in a scenario where your side holds the platform. You have to hold it until the end by the way. But if your Realm can’t pull that off at least once this weekend, you need more help than I can give.
Title: The Doomed
- 3/26/10 – Initial rewards were: Basic – Healing Potion, Advanced – Molotov Potion, Elite – Vanquisher’s Boon
- 4/30/10 – No changes
- 12/3/10 – Basic reward changed to Hartshorne Tincture, Advanced to Vanquisher’s Boon and Elite to Medal of Perserverance/Brawn/Discipline/Accuracy/Insight
- 5/6/11 – No changes
- 7/29/11 – No changes