OK…so it’s views and not dollars…but for some reason, that’s exactly how I’d say it and that’s probably the response it would get from some people.
And no, I have no intention of now working on 100 billion…
Usually with these milestone posts I tend to comment on how I never imagined this would happen yadda yadda yadda. If you want to read that, go look up my past milestones cuz I feel like a broken record. I’ll just say this instead:
Now on to the stuff most readers want to see anyway…
- First Post/View: January 28th, 2009
- 500,000th View: May 31st, 2010
- 1,00,000th View: June 21st, 2011
For those playing along at home, that’s 16 months to the first 500k and 13 months for the second. Hey, at least I’m showing some improvement, right? :p
- Posts: 214
- Unfinished Posts: 33 (most may never be finished, we’ll see)
- Comments: 2,101
And now, some of the usual randomness, just because I can.
- Most Used Search Engine Term to find GG – Rift Guise of Death (Gee…I wonder what game just came out?)
- Site with the most Referrals from GG – Warhammer Online Official Site (they finally knocked out WHA for top honors)
- Busiest Month – 80,974 in April of 2011
Now is where I talk about what’s coming up here at GG. However, I went back to look and see if I even did what I said I was going to do the last time I did one of these and…yeah…let’s take a quick look at that first.
- Armor Guide Revamp for WAR – So…that didn’t get finished. Not because I didn’t have it 95% done, but because they went and changed all kinds of stuff about armor, including stats and when/where you get it, along with adding Worn Sovereign into the game and it pretty much made it so I, once again, would have to go back and re-do the entire thing for every career. I swear, it’s like I’m cursed when it comes to crossing this off my To-Do list…ever.
- Weekend Warfront Posts Revamp – Hey! One I actually did! Or…at least…it’s in progress. Check the ones that have been completed on the WAR>Guides page. I have a handful more done for the most part, but they haven’t been rotated in yet so I haven’t posted them. Check back on Fridays to see if they’ve rotated new Scenarios in that I haven’t posted on yet.
- New Live Event Guides – Another checkmark. Sorta. I have been keeping up Live Event Guides for WAR, but most have been repeats with subtle differences so far. Although, I’m really excited for the new one coming up (tentatively) next week! Also, since I started playing Rift some as well, I’ve been working on Live Event Guides for them as well and a new one should be up tomorrow.
- Destruction version of the Land of the Dead Epic Quest Guide – Most likely never gonna happen. That took so long to do the Order version even though I had multiple end-game Order characters. I was doing the Destro version on the PTS with template toons but ran out of helpers.
- Community-assisted guide to the RR95+ Epic Quest added with the RvR Packs – Most likely never gonna happen. Another one I was working on via the PTS. Again, stalled due to a lack of helpers. That one requires people on both sides of the fight, so was much more difficult to complete even with helpers.
I also made mention of a new post series I’d been working on that I did post a few times with, The Morning After. As I’m motivated by games I’ve finished, I’ll post more of those, but I doubt I’ll do one on every game I play like I had planned. For some reason, certain games inspire me to write more than others. Go figure. 😉
So, since I didn’t do SO bad with the last “Coming Soon” list, here goes another one…
- Live Event Guides – Duh! These will go up as they show up. Not just for WAR, hopefully for Rift as well. Their first Live Event was interesting, if flawed. (Hey, it was their first so I’m gonna wait to judge them harshly until I see the second.) Also, if I start seriously playing any other MMOs, new or old, I’ll put up info for their versions of Live Events as well.
- Weekend Warfront/Scenario Guides – If BioWare/Mythic keeps pushing out new ones, I’ll keep posting about them.
- Rift Guides – I did a handful of guides for Rift, most of which are works-in-progress, and hope to do more in the future as I enjoy the game. However, a lack of both time and money led me to let my sub lapse a month or so ago. Not sure if that will happen in time to cover the second Live Event as I’m about to leave on a road trip, but who knows. I may find myself with some time to post before I leave…
- Interviews/etc – I haven’t done any of these lately. I really enjoyed all the ones I got the opportunity to do in the past, so I’m going to work on doing more of these in the future. In fact…I may have a chance to do something like that soon… /steeplefingers /slylook
- Randomness – If you haven’t figured it out yet, I like doing fun, whacky things at times. (See this as an example.) I would expect to see some more randomness in the future. Maybe not regularly, but enough to entertain myself with. :p
I should probably just wrap it up right there for now. Oh wait…I almost forgot…
There. Now I’m done.