Battle at the Gate – Definitive Weekend Warfront Edition
The Phoenix Gate guards the entrance to the inner lands of Ulthuan; soft rolling landscapes where in more peaceful ages the Ellyrion Horselords bred Elven Steeds. Now the plains are filled with signs of war – siege engines and corpses litter the landscape as Order and Destruction forces vie for control of the Phoenix Gate and all that lies beyond.
The Phoenix Gate scenario is open again for characters of all levels! Struggle for control of flags: claim your enemy’s flag and deliver it safely to your side, intercept enemy flag bearers and slaughter their comrades in arms. Beat your enemies into submission and claim a 500 point victory at the Phoenix Gate!
- Basic Reward – Hartshorne Tincture – A self-rez potion!
- Advanced Reward – Vanquisher’s Boon – Buff that awards extra Emblems from Scenarios based on the final score.
- Elite Reward – Medal of Brawn/Insight/Discipline/Accuracy/Perseverance
The Live Event Herald for Order is named Kadius Kridt and is located at (26776, 30868) by the Flight Master in Altdorf. The Live Event Herald for Destruction is named Kralf Hexenkrieger and is located at (29455, 32368) by the Flight Master in the Inevitable City.
Weekend Warfronts traditionally start on a Friday and end on Monday morning. The task list is the same regardless of Tier/Realm.
There is a bonus to Experience and Renown while in this Scenario during the Weekend Warfront, making it the Scenario to be in.
First, not my favorite Scenario in the world. It can be fun, but usually only when your side has a decent team. When it doesn’t, it’s spawncamp city which is probably one of the reasons it was removed as a permanent scenario option. That being said, stealth classes usually have some fun in here either ninja-ing the flag or the person trying to take it.
Weekend Event Tasks
- Participate in the Phoenix Gate scenario 10 times
- Defeat 200 enemy realm players in the Phoenix Gate scenario
- Win a Phoenix Gate scenario with 500 points
- Defeat or help defeat 10 enemy flag runners.
- Complete all Battle at the Gate tasks
The task list here is hands down one of the easiest to complete, right up there with Blood Basin.
Title: Gate Warden
- 4/2/10 – Initial rewards were: Basic – Healing Potion, Advanced – Molotov Potion, Elite – Vanquisher’s Boon. Experimental rule-set: Only capturing the flag grants points. Task list: Claim flag 10 times, Deliver flag 5 times, Defeat 100 enemy players, Win with 500 points, Complete all tasks.
- 6/18/10 – Rule-set returned to normal. Task list changed to: Participate 10 times, Defeat 200 enemy players, Win with 500 points, Defeat 10 flag runners, Complete all tasks.
- 3/25/11 – No changes