Howling for Blood – Definitive Weekend Warfront Edition
The war-scarred landscape of Black Crag rings once again with the sounds of battle as Order and Destruction forces descend upon the Howling Gorge. Here among the labyrinthine gorges, the struggle for control of Dwarf engineered “boom-powder” ignites a conflagration of violence not seen in years.
The Howling Gorge scenario is open again for characters of all levels! Defeat your enemies! Intercept Black Powder Barrels to seal your victory! /howl at friends and enemies alike! Complete all four tasks to gain a unique title and remember to have a good time!
- Basic Reward – Hartshorne Tincture – A self-rez potion!
- Advanced Reward – Vanquisher’s Boon – Buff that awards extra Emblems from Scenarios based on the final score.
- Elite Reward – Celebratory Horn
The Live Event Herald for Order is named Kadius Kridt and is located at (26776, 30868) by the Flight Master in Altdorf. The Live Event Herald for Destruction is named Kralf Hexenkrieger and is located at (29455, 32368) by the Flight Master in the Inevitable City.
Weekend Warfronts traditionally start on a Friday and end on Monday morning. The task list is the same regardless of Tier/Realm.
There is a bonus to Experience and Renown while in this Scenario during the Weekend Warfront, making it the Scenario to be in.
Like the zone it used to belong to, the Howling Gorge is a collection of twisting and winding pathways that can get one turned around in a heartbeat. Learn the map and its shortcuts and victory is yours!
Weekend Event Tasks
- Successfully plant 25 Powder Kegs (has to be you)
- Intercept 50 Powder Kegs (can be just about anyone, or just cross paths with the person)
- /howl at a player of every career while in the Howling Gorge (howling at yourself counts!)
- Participate in the Howling Gorge scenario 20 times
- Complete all the Howling for Blood tasks
Usually the high number of completions is the hard part about these task lists, but not with this one. Running the bomb is hands-down the hardest part, with the intercepts coming in a close second. Be persistent and work together and you’ll get them all done. Just remember, you have to let them pick it up occasionally if you want the intercepts.
Title: Bombadier General
- 3/12/10 – Initial rewards were: Basic – Healing Potion, Advanced – Molotov Potion, Elite – Vanquisher’s Boon
- 7/9/10 – Elite reward changed to Celebratory Horn
- 3/16/11 – No changes