Skip to content

Weekend Warfront: Deadly Embrace

May 14, 2010

Warning!  Warning!

Epic Weekend Warfront incoming!

Khaine’s Embrace is back!!!

~steeplefingers~ Muahahahahahaha…

~Gaar

The ruined landscape of the Blighted Isle hides an ancient and terrible site: the altar of Khaine within which rests the infamous Sword of Khaine.  Now both Order and Destruction forces converge upon the gore-soaked rise:  Destruction determined to secure the Sword and Order determined to prevent any hand from drawing Vaul’s creation ever again.

Deadly Embrace – Weekend Warfront (May 14th – 17th, 2010)

The Khaine’s Embrace scenario is open again for characters of all levels!  Target those marked by Khaine, /gloat over the bodies of the fallen, and win a decisive victory against your enemies!

  • Basic Reward – Level-appropriate Healing potion

  • Advanced Reward – Level-appropriate Molotov potion

  • Elite Reward – Vanquisher’s Boon – Buff that awards extra Emblems from Scenarios based on the score.

The Live Event Herald for Order is named Kadius Kridt and is located at (26776, 30868) by the Flight Master in Altdorf.  The Live Event Herald for Destruction is named Kralf Hexenkrieger and is located at (29455, 32368) by the Flight Master in the Inevitable City.

General Information

Deadly Embrace started May 14th and will run through May 17th.  The task list is the same regardless of Tier/Realm.

There is a bonus to Experience and Renown while in this Scenario, making it the place to be this weekend!

Note: I have pulled some amazing renown gains out of the Weekend Warfront scenarios (ie: well over 10k for multiple scenarios), so it’s definitely worth it to queue for this scenario simply for that 10% bonus.

Khaine’s Embrace.  aka: The Firebreathing Lizard of Doom map.  While it seems straightforward at first glance, this map affords multiple options for victory.  Sneakiness abounds here despite most fights being very straightforward and bloody.  And then there’s the bomb.  I’ll just say this:  Root + Embrace = win

Weekend Event Tasks

  • Defeat 25 Marked targets

Marked

  • Defeat 30 enemy realm players in the Khaine’s Embrace scenario
  • Target and /gloat over the corpse of each enemy career type
  • Win a Khaine’s Embrace scenario with 500 points
  • Complete all Deadly Embrace tasks

Wow.  I’m gonna start calling the Task List section “As the Pendulum Swings” if they keep this up.  lol.  Talk about easy this weekend.  But hey, at least it’s another new one. 🙂

Title:  The Embraced

but..but…I said I was sorry!

Have fun!

~Gaar

Advertisements
11 Comments leave one →
  1. May 14, 2010 3:19 pm

    I’ve been wanting KE in tier 4 for SO LONG.

    OMAGAWD I’m so happy I could explode.

    • gaarawarr permalink
      May 14, 2010 9:42 pm

      Please save the exploding for when they do the Chicken version of Khaine’s Embrace.

      I mean, come on, you KNOW that one would have W. I. N. tattooed on its forehead.

  2. May 14, 2010 3:41 pm

    Yeah … it’s either easy-pleasey or $#@!&^% … there has to be a middle ground on this somewhere.

    • gaarawarr permalink
      May 14, 2010 9:45 pm

      Hopefully they’ll find it now that the new city is almost done. That had to be where they were putting 99% of their effort with these being part of the other 1%. hehe

    • May 15, 2010 9:34 am

      Ya. its little easy, it should be a little longer but not much… IMO the Weekend event should only take one evening.

    • gaarawarr permalink
      May 15, 2010 9:49 am

      Well, that depends on how much time you spend playing in one evening. hehe. In truth, I’d like it to take around 20-ish scenarios on average to complete, with a skilled player/group finishing it in ~10.

  3. Chris permalink
    May 14, 2010 4:13 pm

    Woot. One of my personal favorite scenario’s

  4. Arilee permalink
    May 14, 2010 8:04 pm

    Order title is “The Embraced”, too.

  5. May 17, 2010 9:23 am

    I enjoyed this scenario some.. No mounts.. Plus when you got into a Sc with your rivals you tried to stop the other one from escaping the blast.

    • gaarawarr permalink
      May 17, 2010 9:30 pm

      I wondered about the mount thing, then an Alliance-mate mentioned that mounts would make the bomb almost pointless. He has a point. Having to walk out of the blast forces people to play smart and plan ahead. Being able to mount and go simplifies it quite a bit.

Trackbacks

  1. Sadness « Shadow-war

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: