Weekend Warfront: Spirit of WAR
Another weekend since 1.3.4 means another Weekend Warfront.
This time the fight is on in Highpass Cemetary!
Let’s take a look at what is on the task list for this weekend.
It has long been said that the souls of the violent dead cannot rest when fresh blood decorates their graves. A saying that appears to be more than mere superstition to those that battle within the cemetary atop High Pass. Strange and frightening figures form from the cloying mists to tower above the clashing armies.
Spirit of WAR – Weekend Event (March 5th – 8th, 2010)
The High Pass scenario is open again for characters of all levels! Take and hold the Stag and Crypt for your side! Slaughter your enemies and rack up victories upon the Cemetary battlefield this weekend only!
- Basic Reward – Level-appropriate Healing potion
- Advanced Reward – Level-appropriate Molotov potion
- Elite Reward – Vanquisher’s Boon – Buff that awards extra Emblems from Scenarios based on the score.
The Live Event Herald for Order is named Kadius Kridt and is located at (26776, 30868) by the Flight Master in Altdorf. The Live Event Herald for Destruction is named Kralf Hexenkrieger and is located at (29455, 32368) by the Flight Master in the Inevitable City.
Note: I have to say I’m still quite disappointed in the Basic and Advanced Rewards given out for these. I know they can’t really make them as great as the full-size Live Event Rewards, but at least make them fun. Just rummaging through my inventory I see things that would make fun Rewards that aren’t game-breaking and are already in-game. (Werit discussed this recently as well.) Things like:
- Pie – Who doesn’t love to throw Pie? Most people don’t stockpile this like I do when it’s available so would probably like having a stack of 5 given out as a Basic Reward during these weekend events.
- Axe Hewers – I think Destro had Trolls. Both are fun versions of Siege Weaponry that came in stacks of 5. Great Advanced Reward every now and then that would liven up Open RvR.
- Tokens – Anything from Tier-appropriate Medallions/Crests to Ordnance to Bestial Tokens (hey, some of us like our trophies!), giving one or two of these as a Basic or Advanced Reward on occasion would be an interesting little freebie.
The Spirit of WAR started on March 5th and will last until the morning of March 8th. The task list is the same regardless of Tier/Realm.
There is a bonus to Experience and Renown while in this Scenario, making it the place to be this weekend!
Hands-down one of the most beautiful scenarios in terms of artwork. From the huge skull on the ground in the middle to the frozen fountains outside of each spawn-point, this map is really well done.
Weekend Event Tasks
- Participate in the High Pass Cemetary scenario 25 times
- Take the Crypt 10 times during the High Pass scenario
- Take the Stag 10 times during the High Pass scenario
- Defeat 100 enemies in the High Pass Cemetary scenario
- Complete all Spirit of War tasks
Pretty simple to-do list. The only one that should take a while is completing the scenario 25 times.
With Scurvy Dogs there was a title for completing the entire task list, so hopefully there will be one here as well. There may be other things you can unlock during this event too, so be on the lookout and let me know if you find something!
For completing this Live Event, you are rewarded with the title “the Haunted.” Good times. 🙂