How to make Blueberry Pancakes
So if you’ve been watching the episodes over at PODCAST (which you should be, they’re both informative and humorous), you’ll know that Mykiel has been bugging me for a recipe for Blueberry Pancakes.
Anyway, I figured if he was going to go through the trouble of calling me out on it in an episode, I’d put one up. Besides, it’s a good excuse to promote other WAR bloggers. :p
So here you go, Gaarawarr’s Guide to Blueberry Pancakes.
Now, it’s been a while since I made pancakes, so instead of going by my own failing memory, I went to visit an expert on cooking.
That’s right, it’s the Ghoulish Gourmet himself. Most people only know him for his Fried Green Waaagh and Baked Tzeentch. Unbeknownst to many, he makes some amazing blueberry pancakes. Here’s his recipe:
- 2 cups Original Bisquick mix (I know right? How odd he’d have that on hand…)
- 1 cup milk (He uses Firewyrm milk, but there’s no way I’m going to even try to milk one of those…)
- 2 eggs (Go for chicken eggs. The dragon ones are a bit large for this recipe.)
- 1 cup fresh blueberries, smaller work better than large (If you don’t live near blueberry bushes like he does, try the frozen kind. Just thaw them first.)
- Heat griddle or skillet over medium-high heat or electric griddle to 375°F; grease with cooking spray, vegetable oil or shortening. (Surface is ready when a few drops of water sprinkled on it dance and disappear.)
- Stir Bisquick, milk and eggs until blended; gently stir in blueberries. Pour by slightly less than 1/4 cupfuls onto hot griddle.
- Cook until edges are dry. Turn; cook until golden.
Now, this is where my recipe varies from his. Personally, I use butter and maple syrup on my pancakes. Nathore prefers them doused in horse blood. To each their own.