1.3.3 Patch Notes: The Good, the Meh and the LOL
So the Patch Notes for 1.3.3 are fresh off the presses and much anticipated.
Here’s a quick overview for those that don’t want to sift through the entire document.
Keep in mind, these are highly opinionated classifications. 😉
* Fixed an issue that would occasionally cause the player’s health bar to not update appropriately.
If you’ve ever played a healer, this has annoyed you to no end. About time it gets fixed.
* Ignored players will no longer appear in Warband or party chat
I don’t know about you, but if someone’s ended up on my Ignore List, there’s a reason I want them there. hehe
* Damage dealt by Morale abilities will now correctly remove Stagger.
Very nice and about time. Now if only there weren’t AoE Staggers…
* Resolute Defense: This ability will now defend against Morale-based crowd control effects.
Another good change to how CC and Morales work.
* Ravage: Fixed an issue which caused this ability to gain too much damage from stats.
* All Flight Masters throughout the game have been modified to be mounted upon a realm-specific flying contraption or creature.
Love it! They look so good like this. Should have released this way imo.
* Very Rare quality Fragments have had their drop rates slightly decreased with Scavenging.
Some people won’t like this, but Scavenging was like a candy store lately. Seriously.
* All Ordinance-purchased siege weapons and consumables have had their respective costs reduced. Please visit the Warcamp Quartermasters to see the new updated prices.
WOOHOO!!!! Finally something to use all my saved up ordnance on.
* An issue was fixed that caused Player Armor Bits not to drop in RvR. These should once again be dropping rarely from player kills.
Good news for Tome Hunters. Another level of RvR Tome Unlocks accessed.
* Expedition Resources: These items will no longer drop off keep guards in locked zones and are no longer Bind on Pickup.
I hope this means they go back in the Currency bag. 🙂
* Key Mappings: A new key mapping option, ‘Toggle Walk’, has been added to the Movement key mapping tab, this allows players to toggle between running and walking.
Ironic timing with the transfers off the US Role Player server…
* The Underdog System – Each time a capital city is Captured the realm who successfully captured the city will lose one Underdog Rating point to a maximum of -3 while the realm who defended the city will gain one underdog rating point to a maximum of +3. Underdog Rating points will decay up or down back toward 0 by 1 point per 24 hours during which no city is Captured. Underdog Rating points greater than +1 or less than -1 each add or remove 5% to the percentage of Victory Points needed to capture zones in the Tier 4 Open RvR Campaign and also increase or reduce the Tier 4 pairing lockdown timer by one hour per point beyond the first. Additionally, Zone Domination timers are reduced to 45 minutes for Keeps and 10 minutes for Battlefield Objectives at an Underdog Rating of 2, and 30 minutes for Keeps and 0 minutes for Battlefield Objectives at an Underdog Rating of 3. New underdog rating icons and tooltips have been added to the Zone Control bar in Tier 4 to display this information.
I know people have been waiting for this but I’m waiting to be convinced that this is the direction they needed to go in. Iron Rock has seen multiple City Sieges daily and I don’t see this changing the reasons why it happens.
* Bloom and HDR
Me, I like the gritty, realistic look of WAR. I don’t really care for shiny, pretty graphics here. I’m glad they made it an option and not default. At least I can turn it off.
* The WAR Report – A feature that returning and existing characters will enjoy is ‘The WAR Report’ window. This window opens automatically when a player enters the game for the first time during a session and gives a snapshot of the action going on in the world. Separated by Tiers, the window not only gives you a list of current events but also allows you to choose one and teleport directly to the action. RVR events will take you to the closest warcamp and PVE events will take you to either the closest chapter hub or to the nearest Flight Master location which may be either a chapter hub or a warcamp depending on the event. This instant action teleport will be available for use once every 8 hours. The WAR Report window can be accessed via a toggle located on the left side of the mini-map between the Rally Cry and Scenario queuing buttons. The window can also be toggled off if players do not want it to automatically open when they first enter the game.
Maybe I’m jaded, but doesn’t this just move the zerg around faster? Doesn’t it remove conversation a bit? Is it really going to be accurate or does it just move you where it thinks the action is located? I may use the free teleport if it aligns with where I want to go, but beyond that, we’ll have to wait and see.
* Weapon Trails: Weapon trails have been mathematically reworked to be much smoother in appearance, precise in motion and will take less time to calculate.
“What do we need to really make WAR more popular guys?” “Weapon trails!” “OOOooooo!!!” /facepalm Before someone says the Art Team is separate from the other teams I ask you ‘Where’s the new Armor Set artwork then?’
* Dreadful Terror: This ability has had its effect changed. It will now cause nearby enemies to periodically lose some Action Points, and will also grant Action Points to nearby groupmates.
* To Glory!: This ability has had its effect changed. It will now cause nearby enemies to periodically lose some Action Points, and will also grant Action Points to nearby groupmates.
Action Point management is a huge issue currently. I really don’t see how adding an AP suck to classes, even mirrored ones, makes the game any better.
* Emperor Karl Franz’s “Deafening Screech” ability will now properly silence and deal damage over time to its victims.
Hey, I’m always happy end-game bugs are getting removed, but shouldn’t it have been fixed before now? I’d think it would be high-priority since an AoE silence/DoT is a pretty big thing.
* Siege Weapons are now classified as siege allowing them to be filtered to specific bags in the player inventory.
Hey, nice change and all, but how about you make them stack and give them their own bag huh? Would be far more useful.
* For Glory!: Fixed an issue that allowed the bonuses gained from this tactic to work outside of scenarios.
They’re just fixing this now? After how much extra Renown people have milked off it?
* Siege Weapons: Knockbacks caused by Siege Weaponry will now grant the “Siege Immovable” buff which grants a 30 second immunity to knockback.
I’m sad to see this go, as annoying as it was it was also hilarious to watch people bounce all over the place. Now if only they’d do the same to the Zealot ability…
* Obscure Rock associated with a Tome unlock no longer spawns beneath the surface of the ground.
Well, now we know why it’s called “Obscure”…
* The following adjustments have been made to the Mythic Tomb King merchant weapons: