Goggles and Scarabs and Tomb Kings, oh my!
So I finished up the Live Event tasks, donned my shiny new Aviator Goggles and went out exploring. What did I find? Hidden Nehekharen Treasure of course!!!
Spread throughout the RvR lakes, at least that’s where I’ve found them so far, are hidden treasure chests that spawn when you get close to them while wearing the goggles. Whack them with your weapon and they open for you to right-click and loot. Inside you’ll find a Silver Scarab. Get five Silver Scarabs and you can right-click to convert them into a Gold Scarab. Right-click a Gold Scarab and it goes back to five Silver Scarabs.
Keep doing that until you get bored. It’s quite entertaining.
Anyway, these should be the new Tokens that were mentioned in the recent Dev podcast about the new Tomb Kings expansion coming in June. Now, lots of people are already out trying to scrounge their Gold Scarabs now and hoard them, but honestly, I have a feeling we’re going to need a lot for the good items and we’ll get them much easier while farming the PQs in the new Zone. So, while I did go out and farm me five Goldies while watching a movie, I’m done for now.
What I’ve learned so far:
- Chests are big, like the ones for the PQ that contain the Artifacts but without the handles on them.
- They only appear when you’re in fairly close proximity and it announces in chat who found it.
- The chests have a 10 minute respawn timer and spawn in fixed locations. You really can’t miss it when it spawns, it’s wild.
- Conversion rate for Scarabs is 5 Silver to 1 Gold.
- There isn’t any way to spend these yet.
If anyone finds out any more information, leave it in the Comments and I’ll update it.